Monday, May 9, 2011

DNF–The Iron King


Title: The Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Published: 2010 Harlequin Teen
Obtained: Library
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

For those of you who don’t know, DNF means “Did Not Finish.”

This book just simply did not interest me.

The main character got on my nerves because she just seemed so stupid. I realize that the author might have been trying to portray her as realistic, but I just got frustrated by her silly antics.

I got to page 80 something (five chapters in) and I was so bored. I had no idea where it was going, and I was just bothered by all the characters.

The whole reason I got this book to read was because of all the recommendations from other bloggers. It seemed like EVERYBODY loved it. So I made a request for purchase at my library and I’ve had it for a very long time.

It could be that my other books I had out at the same time where more interesting to me, and maybe if I had nothing else to read this book would capture my interest. But, I’m not going to try. Why waste my time forcing myself to read this book when I could be reading a bunch of other books I love?

Also, I usually do well with faerie books (they aren’t my favorite but I tend to enjoy them). It’s just…this book was not interesting to me. It was just weird.

Blog Sig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post!
I respond to every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...