Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: Behemoth


Title: Behemoth
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Published: 2010 by Simon & Schuster Inc.
Obtained: Library; then I bought it.
The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.
Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory. Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.

As you can see, I quickly read the sequel to Leviathan. And, I’ll just say, it was every bit as good, if not better.

I don’t want to spoil/write too much on this book, because it’s the second in a series, and some readers probably haven’t read the first one yet (If that’s you…Why not?!).

As the story goes, Alek and Deryn/Dylan continue their journey together, but problems arise (as always) and they must work with each other in the Ottoman Empire to stop either side of the war from getting too influential there. Basically, more of their exciting and amazing adventures.

I just love these characters to death. I’m not a huge fan of “mistaken” identity stories, just because I can never see how it will be resolved without MAJOR never-ending problems. However, I have faith in Scott Westerfeld to pull it off perfectly in the third and final book, Goliath, due to be out in stores in September. And believe me, I am now looking forward to September!

Rating: 9.4/10
(I need to change my rating system…it’s too open.)


Content Warnings: Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post!
I respond to every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...