Sunday, March 13, 2011

Review: Outside IN

Title: Outside In
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Published: 2011 by Harlequin Teen
Obtained: Bought
Me?? A Leader?? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion-between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again-while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside.
And something from Outside wants In.
Okay, this is the second book in a series by Maria V. Snyder, of whose books I have now read three (I read Poison Study but never got to the other books in that series). I’m not going to do a review of Inside Out (the first book in this series); because I just don’t feel like it. This review might make you want to read the first book and then this one.
Alright. So, basically I love this series. Not only is the plot completely original, but the characters are rather fantastic too.
I thought this book really carried the series well, it developed the characters even further so you got to know them better. There are also additions to the “cast” of the story, but not too many to make it seem like another story entirely.
The plotline conflict of this book was a bit different then the last one, in that it was more involved and crazy. But just as amazing and ingenious. I would tell you what the basic premise of this novel reminds me of…but it would probably spoil it.
Trella is a fantastic character with flaws and gifts and Riley is just plain amazing. But, my favorite character is probably Logan, the computer whiz. He’s just that cool.
Rating: 9/10

Content Warnings: Two uncomfortable scenes, one of which was skim-quickly-worthy and a bit of language scattered throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post!
I respond to every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...