Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review: Artemis Fowl


Title: Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, Book 1)
Author: Eoin Colfer
Published: 2001 by Hyperion Books
  • Obtained: Library
Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is a millionaire, a genius, and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even Artemis doesn't know what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. These aren’t the fairies of bedtime stories; these fairies are armed and dangerous.
            Artemis thinks he has them right where he wants them…but then they stop playing by the rules.

I took me awhile to read this book because I had so many other books clamoring for my attention. I had to keep renewing this from the library…haha.

BUT, it was really good when I decided to really read it. I really enjoyed Artemis, Butler, and Holly. They were really well developed characters. You got a sense of their past and their current situations and they changed throughout the book a bit.

I love fantasy adventure books, and while I felt this book lacked romance (really, it wouldn’t have hurt to throw in a bit!) I will continue to read this series because it’s really fun.

So yeah, it was good! (:

Rating: 8/10


Content Warnings: Maybe a tad bit of language from the fairy captain, I can’t really remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post!
I respond to every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...