Sunday, June 19, 2011

New Rating System


You might have noticed my complaints about my rating system in a few of the past reviews, and even if you did, you still probably want to know why I’m upset. What’s wrong with a 10 point system?

It gives me entirely too many options. I can’t choose when I have so many levels to choose from.(Hence my 7.09-like ratings) So I am trying that other famous system, the 5 point system. However, I’m throwing my own twist on it.

I’m a “thumbs-up girl”. I always give people thumbs-up. Who knows why. But anyway, I decided that’s a “unique” way of rating things, in how many thumbs-up it gets. I had to tweak it a bit to make it look right, but this is my new system. Regardless of the fact that the highest rating a book can receive is 4 thumbs-up, it’s still a 5 point system.

Capture87
There it is, in all its fancy-text-box glory.

Well, as you can see this gives me less choices and I shall try hard to not give anything half points, as that defeats the purpose of the 5 point scale.

I really don’t feel like going back to change all the old ratings, so as long as everybody can still understand a 10 point system, we’re good.

Awesome, I can’t wait to rate books with this!

sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post!
I respond to every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...