Sunday, November 13, 2011

Vacationing and Reading/Winning/Goodreads

When I travel, I bring lots of reading material. There’s always down time, and I seem to plow through books easily when I’m away from home (don’t have internet).
Case in point, this weekend I went camping upstate. Now, I am NOT a big fan of camping AT ALL, but usually I deal with it because I can read so many books, completely undistracted (except for the endless dirt and bugs). However, this particular camping trip happened because I was touring two colleges in the upstate.
Can I just say that camping and trying to look presentable to your peers is completely the worst combination in the world? Not only did I barely have any time at the campsite (to read), but I had to spend a lot of time trying to look decent. This made me feel like “one of those girls,” the kind that brings 1343 bags of makeup and 3 straighteners just to look fantastic so the bugs can admire them (trust me, there are NEVER cute boys at campgrounds….I have no clue why not).

That aside, I’m back home and ready to start reviewing books! But first a few updates.

089



These are the books I took with me on my camping trip. I finished Pride & Popularity. I have been so miserable at reading lately, hence me still having not finished Goliath. I’M WORKING ON IT.

 

085



This is completely random, BUT OHMYGOODNESSGRACIOUS. I have never seen a road named “after me” before!!! This was/is extremely exciting and required me forcing my dad to stop so I could take a picture.

 

I also won the book mentioned above, Pride and Popularity, through a Goodreads giveaway. That also has me freaking out, because winning stuff is incredibly awesome. :) So thank you to the people responsible for that. Iloveyou.

Related to Goodreads, I do have a profile there. I don’t update it very often, but I was thinking about posting my book reviews there as well, maybe bringing in more readers. So you can find me here: http://www.goodreads.com/pinkapig94 
And I’ll put a link up somewhere on the blog itself.
Please friend me! I love seeing other peoples updates and recommendations and reviews.

Thanks so much for sticking with me! As always, feel free to comment or to shoot me an email! I promise more reviews will be up soon. :)

Blog Sig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this post!
I respond to every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...